I had posted yesterday how proud I was of Ethan on Facebook, he attended his 1st day back to school without trainers. Ethan had a successful day yesterday at school with help of his teacher, YEAH!!!!
It has been a learning experience with Ethan, we work so hard to make things so called " Normal" for him, I try hard to allow him to do what his brother can do. Sometimes I think I'm more disappointed than him when it just is not possible for that to happen. Which made me make up my mind that we were going to get this using the potty thing behind us, we had 2 weeks off from school and I just knew he could do it. There is not a lot to tell about it except he has been great at it! He has had a few accidents and I find that I remind him more than he tells me has to go. In fact , he is using the sign for it, you should have seen me telling the family at Christmas, " If Ethan does this sign he has to go potty." They were all excited for him and helped me out while the madness of the Holidays was happening. Then I was reminded by my sister in law Terri about being at Disneyland, Ethan was very sporadic during the summer about using the bathroom but gave me a sign he needed to go. So I rushed him to the one right behind New Orleans square. The whole Templeton family was there, Nana, Papa, Terri, Buzz, Buzzy, Kaylee, Dave, and Jackson waiting for us outside the bathroom. When I came out and said " HE DID IT", there was yelling, high fives, they picked Ethan up like he had won the football game.. it was such a wonderful celebration for him. It was so great that a boy standing close asked me what was going on, I just told him it was a very good day.. It brings tears to my eyes to think of this, it was so special and I will never forget the family swooping him up with such great joy! Makes me thankful that we are NORMAL by all standards of what are family accepts us as..
Such a handsome little guy. Best of luck conquering that challenge... it's a big one. Sounds like he's doing a great job!
ReplyDelete